All systems go! I’m jetting out tomorrow for Korea where I’ll be teaching at two creative writing camps for writers aged 9-16. First up is Galaxy Camp, where my young padawans will engage in a host of exciting activities, including:
- Designing and building robots that they will then write about
- Writing an intergalactic postcard
- Create a constellation and then write a myth about it
- Seek evidence of alien life and then write a journalistic news article about it
- Engage in a role-playing game in which a group of Jedi crash on a strange world, only to discover that one of them is a Sith traitor.
Each student will also be given an intergalactic journal complete with a set of special stamps so that they can chronicle their week.
Best if all, I’m bringing R2D2 along for the ride. He’s not to happy about being stuffed into my carry-on . . . but then again, when is he EVER happy?