Hard to believe the new school year is already here!
I had a very busy—and fun—2021-2022 season as an author, visiting schools, libraries, and learning institutes in Canada, USA, and Korea. Many were done virtually, but I also was thankful to see a return to in-person workshops (especially in Korea!). Many of my workshops were built off the release of my latest middle-grade book, Spell Sweeper—which meant a focus on magic potions, mysterious monsters, enchanted pets, and spell-binding shopping trips!
If I had an official resume, it would read like this for 2021-2022 . . .
- World Read Aloud Day (virtual readings for schools across the US and Canada)
- Canadian Children’s Book Week Tour (virtual workshops for schools in Alberta and Ontario)
- Several in-person workshops for libraries and learning institutes in Korea
- Several virtual author presentations for schools and libraries in Canada, in which I rolled out my trademark interactive brainstorming sessions
- Vancouver School Board gifted learning program
- Star of the Sea School, Grade 5
- Kamloops School of the Arts (grades 8-12)
- Hume Home Learning school (K-8)
I delivered activities for The Imagine in the Park festival in Hamilton, Ontario, and I even led events for adults, delivering presentations for CANSCAIP, The Writers’ Union of Canada, and WriteOnCon.
What magic will this school year hold? I’m prepping for my scheduled creative writing classes, writer-in-residencies, and school visits now, but you can still book me for an in-person or virtual author visit! Just visit my website.